Thursday 10 September 2009

A2 Music Video Blog

This is my new blog for my A2 Music Video. Over the summer I have been thinking about who i will be working with for this task, but first had to know other peoples plans and opinions on whatthey wanted to do, as i would want to work with a girl that i worked with for my summer task, when we had to make a short film, but now i want to do something different so it would be more exciting. As it all went to plan with our short film and we also worked well together, it would be very keen and exciting we to work together in this task..

Before starting on the task I fist had to consider whether I would choose to do a short film or a music video, as a did a short film for my summer assignment task focussed on emotions with the brief to include a range of camera shots and angles. I enjoyed making the film and it did come out successfully and as we wanted it to. But as I did a short film for the summer task and gained the practice and experience in making it, I thought I now wanted to try out something new instead for the A2 media task and gain experience in making a music video instead, however even though, I decided I wanted to make a music video, I feel it would be slightly easier this time, as I now have the experience of making a short film and I will be taking on board the skills I learned from the short film and hopefully develop more throughout the course. Having decided that I will now be doing a music video I now have to consider who I will be working with throughout this procedure.fining that anusha too wants to do a music video and having successfully succeeded in the summer short film task with Anusha , who was a very keen and enthusiastic individual, and also now a very good friend of mine from the enthusiasm we had to create a good short film, we both spoke about it and thought it would be best if we worked together again for the music video. As we both know how we work and that we can relay on each other to get things done, and meet up for discussions. So now we have decided that we want to work with each other and that we both want to do a music video to try something new, but the next thing to think about was start making a start on what kind of music we wanted to do and research.

As both me and Anusha are quite different individuals and are into different types of music, for example she’s more into like rock and I am more into pop however this wasn’t suppose to reflect on our personal tastes, we both thought it would only be fair if we did something we both liked but wasn’t favoured in either of our music preferences. At the beginning it was quite challenging to find a song the we both really liked but as we were both so keen on trying to find the perfect song that didn’t have an existing video that we could be prejudiced by. We searched a lot of songs, trying to find one that we both liked and had to make sure the song could interpret a narrative with performance elements, so having this in mind; we brainstormed possible tracks we could use, listening to them from a range of artists, we made a list of the likely tracks and we both liked, so we started to look at the lyrics to try and decide which one was for us, the list is shown below.






Possible Tracks
"Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode (remix by Mike Shinoda)
"Bang Bang Bang Bang" by Soho Dolls
"Vienna" by Billy Joel
"Life on Mars" by David Bowie
"Memories are made of this" by Dean Martin
"I've Just Seen a Face" by The Beatles
"She's a Rainbow" by The Rolling Stones
"Out of My League" by Stephen Speaks
"Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin
"Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix
"Grounds for Divorce" by Elbow
"Bette Davis Eyes" by Kim Carnes
"She's in Fashion" by Suede
"Cherrybomb" by Joan Jett & The Runaways
"Venus in Furs" by The Velvet Underground
"Moi je Joue" by Brigitte Bardot
"Wrapped up in books" by Belle & Sebastian
"Hard to live in the City" by Albert Hammond Jr.
"Eighties Fan" by Camera Obscura
"La Foule" by Edith Piaf
"Jimmy Mack by Martha & The Vandellas
"Laisse Tomber les Filles" by France Gall
"Jeepers Creepers" by Hayley Mills
"I Want to Marry a Lighthouse Keeper" by Erika Eigen

regardless of the wide-ranging list it was the “Vienna” song that we both agreed on, however this song has no existing video but has some striking lyrics which we could create a great story around within the video. With our track down we needed to start considering research into Billy Joel's back catalogue, the history of the song, potential actors, filming locations, schedules etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment